Thursday, October 28, 2010

A visit to Sri Lanka

A month ago, I was visiting Sri Lanka for a office work. I like the place due to its greenery and a system developed for basic things like drinking water, education and health. I had an impression that the country must be in a painful condition due to thirty years of war but I didn't feel that after my visit. I got a feeling that if it would not have faced the war, it would have really become a 'pearl' of Asia a long back. Here are some pictures taken during my visit.

 Scene from Kandy hill
 Scene of early morning
Buddha Tooth Temple (Earlier it was a Royal Palace)
 Kingfisher seen at Sri Lanka lake, Royal Botanical Garden (RBG), Kandy
 Very beautiful orchid inside RBG, Kandy
 Root network of a tree at RBG
A side view of Sigiriya hill
A view of Sigiriya hill from Sigiriya hotel

No comments: